Halloween Horror Nights - Scare Package


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Rust covered irons and necks that have been bitten.
Halloween swag wrapped in blood covered burlap.
This is just some of my favorite crap.

Universal Orlando has received its share of fanfare in recent months surrounding the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but starting this weekend, the Boy Who Lived takes a backseat to the living dead as Halloween Horror Nights kicks off its twentieth year of fright and fun.

Now though Halloween, Universal transforms a number of its attractions into some of the most impressive haunted houses a Halloween fanatic could ever hope for. Universal employs thousands of Team Members specifically trained to scare the daylights out of anyone brave enough to set foot through the turnstiles.


The cost of admission is comparable to a day pass to the park, but Universal makes sure its guests get their money worth. "Scareactors" roam the streets, invading your personal space and sending groups running and screaming to the next haunted house.

Horror Nights is a big deal in Central Florida. Ticket stands are erected in Publix grocery stores and the local media heads to the park for live reports. In an effort to spread the word, this year Universal sent out special "scare packages" to select individuals along with an invitation to the event. The parcel arrived in this "blood" coated wooden box that opens to reveal a double-X branding iron, signifying the twentieth year of Horror Nights.


Notice the faint hand print on the fabric? Nice touch.

As I have mentioned in the past, I love free stuff. I especially love free stuff that not everyone has access to. I'm not important enough for Universal to send me free promotional items, but luckily I have a friend who is. I'm going to make that my goal; become important enough that people send me free stuff. If anyone out there needs their product reviewed, send me a sample, I'll be kind.

1 comment:

  1. Hay man,I dig yo site,mind if we dance wif yo dates? I came here through X-E, I love these kind of sites, sarcasm and holidays, that'sa me.
    The only thing I don't like about X-E is that Matt is all into Halloween and monsters and I send him pics of my work, but he never responds or comments but if someone mentions a lame ass cocktail he'll write a friggin book about it. And last year's Halloween Countdown sucked the proverbial ass, he only updated it like once a week after October started. Oh well, I think I'll take a gander around here for a spell, see what you got. Keep up the work.

    Rob


    http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=1680395007/PictureID=61755914007/a=77016194_77016194/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

    ReplyDelete